Gush Etzion Regional Council
Click here for the Hebrew Web site
About the Gush Etzion Council
As early as 1920, Gush Etzion has served as a goal for Jewish pioneers.
There have been four attempts in our history to settle the Gush Etzion area - 1927, 1935-1936, 1943-1948 and, finally, after 19 years of longing and separation, in 1967 the sons of Gush Etzion returned home.
Gush Etzion has become an eternal memorial to the heroic members who fell in battle, defending the gush on the very Eve of the Establishment of the State of Israel.
David Ben Gurion, in his statements (1948) on the battle of Gush Etzion and of the heroic acts of the brave soldiers: "...If there is a Jewish Jerusalem today..., the Jewish people owe their gratitude first and foremost to the defenders of Gush Etzion..."
We, the members and residents of Gush Etzion, are obligated to continue the development of Gush Etzion with the assistance of our government.
No more an historical Gush Etzion with its beginning four communities but a large region called Gush Etzion, which spreads out and connects with Hebron in the south and becomes a part of greater Jerusalem.
The Regional Council of Gush Etzion gives service to its over 15 communities in the fields of education, culture, security, health, religion, welfare and community, development and building, environmental development, agriculture and technological research and the development of various spheres of employment.
The Regional Council is also responsible for the upkeep and development of historical sites and implementing the memorial of the battle of Gush Etzion.
Map of Gush Etzion
To view a full map of all tourist sites in Gush Etzion, please click here (PDF)